Sam Guarino Blacksmith Shop Museum


304 S. State St.
Abbeville LA 70510

This c.1913 blacksmith shop was originally located at 210 S. Jefferson Street in downtown Abbeville and was one of the few blacksmith shops in operation in a downtown area until it closed its doors in December 2004.  Through the preservation and relocation of this historic building, exhibits of the orignial tools and equipment one can view what early life was like in Abbeville. Made nutria and muskrat stretchers, made cattle brands and made/repaired parts for tractors and other farm equipment.


General Information
  • Free Admission
Areas (Louisiana Tour Guide)
  • Area