Arsenal, Louisiana State Museum
Built in 1839, the Arsenal stands adjacent to the Cabildo on the site of the old Spanish Arsenal built in 1762. Designed by James Dakin, the building is an example of Greek Revival style. It housed the Orleans Artillery up until the Civil War when it was used by Confederate troops to store supplies. In 1914, the Arsenal was transferred to the Louisiana State Museum.
|Type of Museum
|Areas (Louisiana Tour Guide)