Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Louisiana-style sweet potatoes are a healthful and delicious addition to any meal!
Louisiana sweet-potato fries are a versatile complement to almost any meal. You can dip them in a fiery bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo, pour creamy crawfish étouffée over them or stack them on top of a meaty roast beef po’boy.
One of the most iconic ways to enjoy sweet-potato fries is with a thick, juicy burger like those served at Maplewood Burgers in Moss Bluff outside Lake Charles. Savor a plate of crispy, seasoned sweet-potato fries alongside one of these classic burgers with an irresistible Louisiana twist.
To enjoy this tasty Louisiana-style side at home, try this simple recipe courtesy of Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Cuisine in Opelousas.
Ingredients for Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 dash light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 5 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into fries
Method of Preparation:
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, seasoning and potatoes.
- Stir well to coat.
- Pour potatoes onto cookie sheet, spreading them into a single layer.
- Place sheet on the bottom rack.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 450 degrees, turning potatoes occasionally.
- Serve immediately.